- Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) Information
- Major Regulations New Information Available
- Redevelopment Agency Dissolution
- Special Fund Balance Reconciliation - August 3rd
- February 10 Revenue Update
- Trailer Bill Language
- Proposition 1B Disbursements
- Proposition 1A Borrowables, Interest Rate for Repayment
- Proposition 39 Guidance for Schools and Community Colleges
The Demographic Research Unit of the California Department of Finance is designated as the single official source of demographic data for state planning and budgeting.
- Demographic Research Unit Overview
- California State Data Center
- American Community Survey - social, economic, and housing characteristics data (income, poverty, education, labor force, etc.)
- Census 2010 - basic demographic data only (age, race/Hispanic, sex, family type)
- Census 2000 - basic demographic, social, economic, and housing data
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Data
- Reports and Research Papers—city and county population estimates, population projections, immigration and census reports.
- Data Files by Age, Race, and Gender
- Meetings and Workshops
- Price and Population Factors Used for Appropriation Limits
To receive e-mail notification when new data are available, please subscribe to the Demographic Research Mailing List .
November 26, 2013
Projected State and County Births, 1970-2022 — This report presents actual calendar year 1970-2012 and projected 2013-2022 births for California and its 58 counties. The report also includes births by mother’s age group and race/ethnicity for the state, 2000-2022.
November 14, 2013
2010-2012 American Community Survey — The U.S. Census Bureau has released updated estimates of social and economic characteristics for states and counties and places of 20,000 or more population. Extracts of selected data are available on this website and full data are available on American FactFinder
November 6, 2013
California American Community Survey 1-Year Report — This report provides an overview of the demographic, social, and economic characteristics of California's population. Topics include income, poverty, education, health insurance coverage, language, place of birth, migration, and more. The tabulations in this report are based on special data runs from the American Community Survey (ACS) Public Use Microdata Sample 1-year file.
May 1, 2013
Population and Housing Estimates for Cities, Counties, and the State as of January 1, 2013:
- Press Release for January 2013 Population Estimates (includes analysis and tables)
- E-1 Population Estimates for Cities, Counties, and the State — January 1, 2012 and 2013
- E-5 Population and Housing Estimates for Cities, Counties, and the State, 2011-2013
- E-4 Historical Population Estimates for Cities, Counties, and the State, 2011-2013, with 2010 Census Benchmark
January 31, 2013
State and County Population Projections by Race/Ethnicity, Age, and Gender, 2010-2060:
- Press Release (includes analysis, maps, and charts)
- Report P-1: State and County
Population Projections by County, by Race/Ethnicity, and by Major Age Groups, 2010-2060 (by
Three summary reports of totals by race/ethnicity, county total population, or major age group by decade.
- Report P-2: State and County
Population Projections by Race/Ethnicity and 5-year Age Groups, 2010-2060 (by
More age detail cross-tabulated by race/ethnicity for each projection year.
- Report P-3: State and County
Population Projections by Race/Ethnicity, Detailed Age, and Gender, 2010-2060
Complete data - race/ethnicity by individual year of age by gender for each projection year.
December 13, 2012
July 1, 2012 Population Estimates for California and Counties:
- E-2 California County Population Estimates and Components of Change by Year, July 1, 2011–2012
- E-6 County Population Estimates and Components of Change—July 1, 2010–2012
- E-7 California Population Estimates, with Components of Change and Crude Rates, July 1, 1900–2012
- Tables of July 2012 County Estimates Ranked by Size, Numeric and Percent Change (.xls, <1 MB)
- Maps of July 2012 County Estimates Ranks and Components of Change (.pdf, <5 MB)
- Legal Immigration to California by County, 1984–2011 (.xls, <1 MB)
Comments and suggestions? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.