- Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) Information
- SB 617 Regulations
- Redevelopment Agency Dissolution
- Special Fund Balance Reconciliation - August 3rd
- February 10 Revenue Update
- Trailer Bill Language
- Proposition 1B Disbursements
- Proposition 1A Borrowables, Interest Rate for Repayment
- Proposition 39 Guidance for Schools and Community Colleges
The Demographic Research Unit of the California Department of Finance is designated as the single official source of demographic data for state planning and budgeting.
- Demographic Research Unit Overview
- California State Data Center
- Meetings and Workshops
- Reports and Research Papers—city and county population estimates, population projections, immigration and census reports.
- Data Files by Age, Race, and Gender
- Price and Population Factors Used for Appropriation Limits
To receive e-mail notification when new data are available, please subscribe to the Demographic Research Mailing List .
May 1, 2013
Population and Housing Estimates for Cities, Counties, and the State as of January 1, 2013:
- Press Release for January 2013 Population Estimates (includes analysis and tables)
- E-1 Population Estimates for Cities, Counties, and the State — January 1, 2012 and 2013
- E-5 Population and Housing Estimates for Cities, Counties, and the State, 2011-2013
- E-4 Historical Population Estimates for Cities, Counties, and the State, 2011-2013, with 2010 Census Benchmark
January 31, 2013
State and County Population Projections by Race/Ethnicity, Age, and Gender, 2010-2060:
- Press Release (includes analysis, maps, and charts)
- Report P-1: State and County
Population Projections by County, by Race/Ethnicity, and by Major Age Groups, 2010-2060 (by
Three summary reports of totals by race/ethnicity, county total population, or major age group by decade.
- Report P-2: State and County
Population Projections by Race/Ethnicity and 5-year Age Groups, 2010-2060 (by
More age detail cross-tabulated by race/ethnicity for each projection year.
- Report P-3: State and County
Population Projections by Race/Ethnicity, Detailed Age, and Gender, 2010-2060
Complete data - race/ethnicity by individual year of age by gender for each projection year.
December 13, 2012
July 1, 2012 Population Estimates for California and Counties:
- E-2 California County Population Estimates and Components of Change by Year, July 1, 2011–2012
- E-6 County Population Estimates and Components of Change—July 1, 2010–2012
- E-7 California Population Estimates, with Components of Change and Crude Rates, July 1, 1900–2012
- Tables of July 2012 County Estimates Ranked by Size, Numeric and Percent Change (.xls, <1 MB)
- Maps of July 2012 County Estimates Ranks and Components of Change (.pdf, <5 MB)
- Legal Immigration to California by County, 1984–2011 (.xls, <1 MB)
Comments and suggestions? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.