- State-County Assessors' Partnership Program
- Awards for Innovation in Higher Education
- Committee on UC Cost Structure
- FI$Cal Resources
- Assembly Bill 1468 Report
- Senate Bill 105 Final Report(Revised)
- Senate Bill 105 Interim Report
- Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) Information
- Major Regulations New Information Available
- Redevelopment Agency Dissolution
- Special Fund Balance Reconciliation - August 3rd
- February 10 Revenue Update
- Trailer Bill Language
- Proposition 1B Disbursements
- Proposition 1A Borrowables, Interest Rate for Repayment
- Proposition 39 Guidance for Schools and Community Colleges
- Designated Census Tracts for the New Employment Credit
Consulting and Training
The Department of Finance provides consulting and training for departments throughout state government.
The Fiscal Systems and Consulting Unit (FSCU) provides fiscal consulting to state departments via the following telephone and e-mail hotlines:
|FSCU Telephone Hotline||(916) 324–0385|
|FSCU e-Mail Hotline||FSCUhotline@dof.ca.gov|
Best Business and Financial Practices
State of California executives are in the business of managing government programs. The Governor, the Legislature, and the taxpayers expect accountability for program resources through economical, efficient, and effective operation of these programs. Not all state entities have the necessary time, resources, or in-house experience to ensure accountability and that programs operate as intended. The Office of State Audits and Evaluations can provide both audit and consultation services to assist management in meeting their objectives.
|OSAE Telephone Main Line||(916) 322–2985|
|OSAE e-Mail Hotline||OSAEhotline@dof.ca.gov|
California State Accounting and Reporting System (CALSTARS) Client Support
The CALSTARS Unit offers telephone and e-mail support for the CALSTARS automated accounting system:
|CALSTARS Telephone Hotline||(916) 327–0100|
|CALSTARS e-Mail Hotline||HOTLINE@dof.ca.gov|
State Budget Preparation
The Budget Operations Support (BOS) Unit is currently offering enrollment for the Governor's Budget Process Training.
This training is being offered in August.
The CALSTARS Unit provides training for agencies newly implementing CALSTARS, ongoing training for new or newly promoted employees in existing departments, year-end training for all agencies, and Monarch software training. For more information, see the CALSTARS Training webpage.
Training for Departmental Fiscal Training and Accounting Officers
The FSCU provides the State Fund Accounting Course, the Cash Management Improvement Act Open Forum, and training in the areas of Pro Rata, Statewide Cost Allocation Plan (SWCAP), and Indirect Cost Rate Proposal (ICRP). For more information, see the FSCU Training webpage.