- Awards for Innovation in Higher Education
- FI$Cal Resources
- Senate Bill 105 Interim Report
- Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) Information
- Major Regulations New Information Available
- Redevelopment Agency Dissolution
- Special Fund Balance Reconciliation - August 3rd
- February 10 Revenue Update
- Trailer Bill Language
- Proposition 1B Disbursements
- Proposition 1A Borrowables, Interest Rate for Repayment
- Proposition 39 Guidance for Schools and Community Colleges
- Designated Census Tracts for the New Employment Credit
Uniform Codes Manual
General Ledger Codes
The General Ledger and associated subsidiary ledgers and registers are used to sort and summarize individual accounting transactions into the accounts needed to prepare financial statements and other fiscal reports. Conformance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) requires the establishment of a General Ledger consisting of a complete self-balancing group of accounts for each fund, general fixed assets, and general long-term debt. GAAP also requires the use of common terminology and classification through the budget, accounts, and financial reports of each fund and general group of accounts.
- The General Ledger Accounts by Fund Type document is available in the PDF or Microsoft® Excel® file format. For more file format information, visit our help webpage.
Under provision of AB 3322, Chapter 1284/78, all State agencies will have a fully automated accounting and program cost accounting system. Appropriation control and the general ledger accounting data will be interfaced with the State Controller's Office (SCO) system.
Comments or questions regarding this page should be directed to California State Department of Finance, Fiscal Systems and Consulting Unit, at FSCU Hotline or (916) 324-0385.
Last updated November 9, 2010 | e-mail CALSTARS Webmaster