Chapter 299/Statutes of 1997
SEC. 38. (a) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, prior to the expenditure or obligation of funds received, or anticipated to be received, pursuant to Section 42238.42 of the Education Code, the governing board of the school district or county office of education shall discuss proposals and plans for the expenditure of the funds at a public hearing. Each school district and each county office of education shall submit a report to the Governor, with copies to the Superintendent of Public Instruction, the State Board of Education, and the Department of Finance, no later than March 1, 1998, which details the expenditure plan as approved by the appropriate local governing board.
(b) The report required by subdivision (a) shall include details of expenditures, if any, in each of the following categories, and shall state whether each expenditure is one time or ongoing in nature:
(1) Compensation increases for existing staff, including a breakdown of salaries and benefits.
(2) Expenditures to improve facilities or school grounds.
(3) Expenditures for the purchase of instructional materials or equipment.
(4) Expenditures for additional staff, such as counselors, nurses, instructional aides, or other nonteaching personnel.
(5) Expenditures for additional classroom teaching staff, with some indication of grade level.
(6) Expenditures for administrative costs, including additional staff or equipment purchases.
Return Local Education Agency Expenditure Plan Introduction