Calstars Procedures Manual
Transmittal Letter (TL) #20, Volume 7
March 17, 2016
This TL updates all chapters in Volume VII.
Summary of Changes:
- Dates in the report examples and Exhibits have been updated.
- Minor formatting changes to all Chapters.
- Chapter I
- Updated Establish New-Year Tables Note on Program Structure.
- Updated Appropriation Symbol Table Maintenance Note on Program Structure.
- Updated Budget Sequence Table Maintenance.
- Updated Program Cost Account Table Maintenance Note on Program Structure.
- Chapter III
- Updated making Adjustments after FM 13 Cost Allocation/Fund Split.
- Chapter IV-A
- Updated Reports No. 7 (Pre-Closing Trial Balance) and 8 (Post-Closing Trial Balance), GL 1140 (Cash in State Treasury).
- Updated Relationship between Governor’s Budget Data and Year-End Reports.
- Updated Report No. 14 Report of Accounts Outside the Treasury System.
- Updated Manual Year-End Report Checklist – Report No. 7 (Pre-Closing Trial Balance, Report No. 14 (Report of Bank and/or Savings and Loan Association Accounts Outside State Treasury), Material Variance Explanation Form.
- Chapter IV-B
- Updated Request the Transmittal of Fund Records to the SCO.
- Updated Automated Year-End Report Checklist – Report No. 7 (Pre-Closing Trial Balance).
Printing the Revised Chapters:
To print the revised chapters in PDF format, click on the links below:
A subscription service is available for clients who wish to receive notifications of new TLs or CALSTARS Operations Memos (COMs) through e-mail. Clients may subscribe to this service via the Department of Finance Mailing List Website
For technical questions, please email the CALSTARS Webmaster.