Calstars Procedures Manual
Transmittal Letter (TL) #19, Volume 7
March 9, 2015
This TL updates all chapters in Volume VII.
Summary of Changes:
- Dates in the report examples and Exhibits have been updated.
- Minor formatting changes to all Chapters.
- Chapter I
- Updated New Fiscal Year Organization Control Table Maintenance to set Budget Sequence Indicator to N.
- Updated Budget Sequence Table Maintenance.
- Chapter II
- Additional information A-1 Entry, Record Undeposited Receipts.
- Chapter III
- Additional information for Year-End Cost Allocation Options and Exhibits III-3 and III-4.
- Updated Preliminary FM13 Reconciliations section for departments to request B04. N10 report no longer available.
- Updated H14 Report, Exhibit III-11.
- Chapter IV-A
- Updated Instructions for Reporting Encumbrances for Forms 571 B, and A/B.
- Additional information for Reporting Encumbrances for Form 571C.
- Updated Instructions for Reporting Encumbrances Funded by Accrued Reimbursements for Forms 571 A and A/B.
- Additional information Report No. 6, Final Budget Report.
- Additional information Report No. 15, Final Checks section.
- Updated Past Year Schedule 10s and Past Year Schedule 10Rs.
- Chapter IV-B
- Updated Automated Governmental Cost Funds Reports Participation Information.
- Additional information on Review and Prepare Remaining Year-End Reports, Report No. 6, Final Budget Report.
- Updated Exhibit IV-B-21, Required Automated Statements for Governmental Cost Funds.
- Chapter V
- Updated Report No. 13, Report of Expenditures of Federal Funds.
- Updated Exhibits V-5, V-6, V-7, V-9, V-11, V-12 and V-14.
- Chapter VI
- Additional information Approval to Proceed with YEC.
- Additional information Year-End Closing Checklist, Part II YEC.
PDFs of Revised Chapters:
To print the revised chapters in PDF format, click on the links below:
A subscription service is available for clients who wish to receive notifications of new TLs or CALSTARS Operations Memos (COMs) through e-mail. Clients may subscribe to this service via the Department of Finance Mailing List Website .
For technical questions, please email the CALSTARS Webmaster.