March 5, 2009
CALSTARS PROCEDURES MANUAL TRANSMITTAL #13, VOLUME 7
This TL updates all Chapters in Volume 7.
Summary of Changes:
- Dates in the report examples have been updated.
- Revised Certification Cover Letter Exhibits to reflect SCO's requirement of a separate certification letter per each fund submitted.
2 new fatal edits on the DB3 Report explained in Chapter IV-B, Exhibits
IV-B-8 and IV-B-10:
- GL 6297 is not reclassified to GL 1400 or GL 3110.
- Accruals appear in a reverting appropriation.
- Revised the document file roll during Year-End Close (YEC) to increment ORF and Uncleared Collections documents to the new fiscal year if the FFY Indicator on the OC Table is set to a C for zero balance documents. If multiple documents have the same document number/suffix, but are for different fiscal years, the newest document containing a non-zero balance will be incremented. If all multiple documents have a zero balance, the newest document is incremented forward. This is discussed in Chapter VI, Document File Carry Forward section.
- Exhibit I-6, Reclass Exception Reports (CFY022-1 & CFY023-1) Error Messages.
- Exhibit IV-B-9, Out of Balance Subsidiaries on the DB3 Report, Fund Level Accruals page.
- Exhibit IV-B-11, examples of Acceptable Warning Messages on the DB3 Report, Appropriation Adjustment and Accruals page.
- Exhibit IV-B-12, examples of Acceptable Transmit Authorization Overrides for Fatal Errors on the DB3 Report.
- Exhibit VI-4, Automated Year-End Processes.
- Exhibit I-2, Reconciliations, added more detail.
- Exhibit I-5, Document File Decision Table, added 'Active Indicator'.
- Chapter VI, replaced exhibits displaying system generated reports produced during the Year-End Close (YEC) and Year-end Open (YEC) processes.
- Chapter IV-B, Request the Transmittal of Fund Records to the SCO section, added chart to clarify transmit and report package submission dates for automated governmental fund year-end reports.
- Chapter V, Non-Governmental Year-end Financial Reports section, clarified and expanded information.
Printing The Changed Pages:
To print the revised chapters in PDF format, click on the links below: