March 26, 2008
CALSTARS PROCEDURES MANUAL TRANSMITTAL #12, VOLUME 7
This TL updates all chapters in Volume VII.
Summary of Changes:
- Dates in the report examples have been updated.
- Instructions for the A-2 entry (Chapter II) are now displayed in a table.
- The new Error Override feature, which will be implemented in late spring, allows abnormal document errors to be overridden without posting to the Error File. This feature can potentially save departments one processing day. This feature is discussed in Chapter II, Entry A-2: Adjust Revolving Fund Cash Account section and in Chapter V, Reclassify Encumbrances Reported as Accounts Payables section.
- ORF and Uncleared Collections documents with a zero balance are not incremented to the new fiscal year during Year-end Close if the FFY Indicator on the OC Table is set to a C. This is discussed in Chapter VI, Document File Carry Forward section.
- The General Ledger (GL) balances that roll forward during Year-end Open (YEO) will post in the Current Month (CM) if the OC Table PM (Prior Month) Open Indicator is set to T or N. The fiscal month assigned is now the same for the roll of GL balances and the automated reversal of FM 13 adjusting entries. This process is discussed in Chapter VI, Open General Ledger section.
Printing The Changed Pages:
To print the revised chapters in PDF format, click on the links below: